2. 72 DPI, RGB, JPEG at 500 pixels on its longest side, horizontal or vertical.
3. Due any time today -- January 24th, 2011
4. As many entries as you want, $5 an entry. Checks only, put them on my (Kristin's) desk in F-455.
5. With your submissions we need "Your Name, Name of Piece, Name of Instructor* (If done in a class), Medium"
*If it's an out-of-class piece, just put the name of the professor who has influenced your aesthetic style or just put Richard Hull, as he is program director this year.
purpose: this is the single largest and most important illustration competition and BYU ROCKED it last year! Get all the details about it here.
Illustration Student Showcase: DUE TOMORROW (THURSDAY) any time BEFORE 6 PM - $2 per entry or $1 if you're a BYUIA member - check only, please. Address it to BYU Illustrators' Association; put it in the box on Kristin's desk, F-455 - drop them off to the BFA Studio, F-455 also on my desk (there is a big sign above it) - must be ready to hang with wire on back (if you have questions about this, feel free to ask me) - due any time today - ***sign a release form (will be on Kristin's desk) and write the specs on your pieces.*** Look at the signs on my desk for complete info about this :) - for BYU Pre-illustration, BA Illustration, BFA Illustration, or Illustration Alumni!
purpose: this is OUR show! JUST the Illustrators. Awesome. It will be part of Provo's First Friday Gallery Stroll--lots of exposure, lots of fun! The opening will be FEBRUARY 4, 6-9pm in the County Health & Justice Bldg. Food, music, art...info coming soon.
Don't hesitate to ask us questions! email@example.com
This BYU Illustration department is putting on a great show for all you illustration students to show off your stuff! All illustration students (including pre-majors) are invited to enter.
Where: @ the Provo County Health and Justice Building.
This show is NOT juried. You frame it and we'll hang it.
All pieces need to be framed and have a wire hanger. If you don't know what that means you can email us--or use your google powers (there are lots of good tuts on the web).
Enter as many pieces as you want. In fact, the more the merrier! $2 hanging fee per piece. $1 fee for BYUIA members.
Entries are due this MONDAY, JANUARY 24. Drop off @ the studio (F-455 HFAC).
This art show will be part of the FRIDAY GALLERY STROLL that Provo holds every month! The opening for it is Feb 4, in the evening. So start inviting family and friends to join us for food, music, AND art! More details on that coming soon.
If you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
72 DPI, RGB, JPEG at 500 pixels on its longest side, horizontal or vertical.
In your email please specify the following:
Your Name, Name of
Piece, Name of Instructor, Medium
$5 fee per entry (check made out to BYU)
Turn in money to our President, Kristin Gulledge
1. This is a competition that must be submitted through the illustration department, so email your submissions to this account,email@example.com by January 24th, 2011.
2. The image to upload must be 500 pixels on its longest size (horizontal or vertical), 72DPI, and RGB format. This is pretty small, so it must be a quality image. SEND IT IN THE RIGHT FORMAT. Wrong format = no submission.
3. Every entry is $5.00 (in the real world this is ridiculously cheap, especially for the quality of this competition), which must be made out to BYU with your submission. You can bring the checks to Kristin Gulledge, who is often in the BFA studio during the day.
4. The prizes range anywhere from $500.00 to thousands of dollars. If you are accepted, you get your work submitted in a magazine. This is a great opportunity for publicity and experience, so invest in your work and your future. Don't pass this one up!
5. Submit as many pieces as possible. They should be of good quality, but quantity greatly increases your chance of success in this competition. And they LOVE BYU students. We had 7 winners last year.
My show featuring re-imaginings of Alice in Wonderland has one week left! It's going down Thursday (maybe Friday if I can finagle it) the 14th. If you haven't been down to Gallery 303 recently, please stop by before it's gone forever!
Thanks again to all the special people who have helped me with getting this done. Your support is most definitely NOT under-appreciated. And to everyone else -- Have a great weekend!
I hope your break was fantastic! Winter 2011 is going to be full of awesome Illustration opportunities, so buckle up!
Here are a few random teasers, with an intentional lack of information that is coming soon! (Not that we don't have the info, it's just that I don't want to have to break this e-mail up into chapters, cuz there's so much. Especially without pictures; that would just be cruel.)
2) Next month, the BYU Illustration department has our very own ART SHOW at the County Health & Justice Building! Again, be thinking of and preparing pieces to submit. These must be framed.
4) I saw on Twitter that Josh Cochran is looking for an intern this spring! He said to e-mail him if interested,firstname.lastname@example.org. I say you should just talk to Bethanne, because she's great at getting students internships!
5) There are some sweet deals going on at Dickblick.com, especially on canvases. Remember if you're in the club you already get 15% off of any non-sale item. Wha-chinggg!
6) For all of you in the BYU Illustrators' Association, our T-shirts are in!! More details coming soon.
7) Remember that $10,000 scholarship contest where all you do is make a little greeting card design? Yeah, those entries are due NEXT WEEK. January 15. $10,000 ...TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. Jus' sayin.
So, we'll get info and prioritize what to send and get it out to you as soon as possible via e-mail. Be on the lookout!
I also e-mailed this post to everyone on the mailing list today. If you are reading this and are a BYU student who didn't get that e-mail, let us know at email@example.com and we'll put your name on the list so you can get the details!