Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hi, everybody!

Our Fearless Leader Mr. Will Strong wants us BYUIA officers to introduce ourselves to you, our lovely club members and blog readers, so here goes nothing:

Hi! My name is Meagan Toiaivao (TOY-ah-vow). I am your friendly neighborhood BYUIA Service Coordinator. I look like this:


This is me in St. Petersburg, Russia. (My hair is shorter now.) In this picture you witness not only how sublimely goofy I look when I am happy, but also the folly of purchasing cheap umbrellas (especially in Russia) and the hilarity of a man in a Speedo with a wedgie (especially in Russia).

Here are some random facts about me:
Age: 22
Height: 6'
First person I ever had a crush on: Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Randy from Home Improvement)
First CD I ever owned: Running with Scissors by Weird Al Yankovic (because I wanted the Star Wars song)
Song I am listening to right now: "I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)" by Otis Redding
Illustration project I am most excited about: promotional mailers of the High School Musical characters as zombies
Favorite picture books: The Clown of God (Tomie dePaola), The Four Gallant Sisters (Eric Kimmel), Heckedy Peg (Audrey & Don Wood), No, David! (David Shannon), Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus (Mo Willems)

I really hope all of you guys, particularly you freshies and sophomores, feel welcome and excited to contribute to this blog and get to know everybody (and here I would especially like to encourage everyone to get pumped about Weekly Doodles -- see Will's previous blog post) because when you hit a slump in your work (or just in your life), there is nothing like hanging around people who have a mighty passion for art to give you a big cheery kick in the pants.

Hope to see you around.
-Meagan

2 comments:

  1. This is probably the best picture of a speedo wedgie I've seen this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you meagan. and i didn't EVEN know you were the service coordinator for the byuia. What in the world?

    ReplyDelete