Thursday, October 8, 2009

you can call me kristin.

I am Kristin Gulledge, your BYUIA Publicity Vigilante, here to protect you from all sorts of cluelessness! (aka, I’ll tell you about the sweet stuff that’s going on)

me & art::
I’ve always loved drawing, and my earliest [serious] aspirations of art were at the ripe old age of 6, when I started clipping out the “how to draw” sections of the newspaper every week. (Mind you, I'd drawn since I learned how to pick up a pencil-this is just where I started to hone in on my skills.)

My abilities peaked at that age (Seriously. You can't get much better than that).

...and I've been documenting life ever since.


BYU considers me a senior (and I will be for the next two or three years) but I’m a junior in the Illustration BFA program, working toward a Communications minor. My campus job is great – I’m the graphic designer for Life Sciences. Typography rocks my socks. I also do freelance photography. Basically, I love all things art.

extra tidbits::
Other than the normal art-nerd activities, I love: music (I play guitar and sing), running, dance, teaching, blogging, reading, adventuring, outside-ing, people-watching, people-meeting, and people-helping. I also love humor, wit, words, inspiration, anatomy, brownies, and health (those last two aren't necessarily simultaneous). Children are pretty much the best thing ever.

for the justice of awesome::

I’m honestly so excited for the club this year! We have some seriously awesome officers and seriously rad activities. I’m especially stoked for the weekly doodles. I’m excited for everyone to get involved and to meet all of you awesome folk!

1 comment: